Friday, July 23, 2010

Kanzashi Flowers

My newest hobby: Kanzashi Flowers! Y'all know how I love to save an item from the landfill and give it a new life, so when my husband handed me a fistfull of neckties that had tiny little stains on them I simply couldn't toss them into the trashcan. So I put them in the fabric stash thinking surely there must be a way to recycle these! Then I remembered an article in Sew Beautiful about these kanzashi flowers. I had made one for my daughters Easter dress out of a cotton fabric, so I thought I would give it a try with one of these neckties. Out came my trusty old friend, Mr. Seam Ripper, and we took apart those ties, ironed them out and started cutting.

What do you think?



This one is for my mom, but I plan on making a few more to add to The Shop. I also plan on making one to add to this very plain boxy denim jacket I purchased but only wore once because "it just needed something". I think this little beauty is just what it needed!




Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN accessory! I LOVE these!

    ~Alison
    http://oopsey-daisty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete