Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Backpack Patch

I have already sung the praises of a fun and functional patch and I thought I would show you my latest project using just that...


My daughter had asked for a new backpack for this school year. Mind you, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the one that she had, and she really couldn't find another one that she just loved...but she really wanted a new one. One that none of her friends had. I don't know if you have been backpack shopping lately but there isn't a huge selection out there. But, while we were at the beach, she and I wandered into some random store and saw this one. She loved it. It was on sale and I had a coupon and a gift card. I loved that! The only problem is that it had the words "Trail Blazer" embroidered on the top, which was also the only place that a monogram could go. Removing the embroidery would have been nearly impossible and would have also involved taking off the back waterproof lining (which I was not about to do!) so she asked if I could just put a patch over it with her monogram on the patch. (I would have thought of that sooner or later...my head was still spinning over the great deal we were getting!) I found the perfect fabric in my scrap bag and already had matching thread as well. I think she'll love it! I can't wait till she comes home from school and sees it!


Have a blessed day! K

No comments:

Post a Comment