Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Gift


A girl in my Sunday School class is expecting her second baby! To celebrate, we're throwing a little shower for her and her baby boy. She says the nursery will be in blue with green frog accents, so I purchased these adorable frog designs from Lynnie Pynnie to embellish a burp pad and terry bib.(I LOVE these bibs!!) The great thing about these designs is that she offers an applique and a fill stitch version, so I could make the items coordinating! The font used is Monogram Wizard Plus "Tipsy", a favorite for boys. I was able to merge the font and frogs using Sew What Pro. I also made and monogrammed these sweet baby booties (sort of a mish-mash of 3 different patterns I found online) with some royal blue twill and lined them with a royal blue and white soft gingham. It needed something more, so I did a little monogrammed luggage tag as well.


Side note: A few of you have asked about the baby booties, and to be honest I really haven't found one pattern that I just love for this particular style. The best advice I can offer after having made several of these to give as gifts (and several that wound up in the trash can) is: 1) finish all your seams. Remember that little baby feet are going in these so you want the inside to be soft and you also don't want your edges to fray. Many online patterns and tutorials don't tell you to do this and you'll regret it if you don't. 2) don't just make slits in the lining for your elastic to thread through. Even if you are using fleece or some other non-fraying fabric, you still need a little more support so go ahead and make button holes instead.

Email me with any questions! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment