Monday, May 31, 2010

Gigantic Chalkboard!!


Or, "What Do You Do With A Bare Wall That You Can't Hang Anything On Because Your Kids Keep Knocking It All Off."

This huge bare wall in our remodeled kitchen just really needed something. Problem is, this is a really high traffic area going between the breakfast table and the kid's backback station, so everything that got hung there just wound up in a broken heap in the floor.

Bring in the chalkboard paint. I just taped off the area I wanted and started painting. Five coats total, but this stuff dries so quickly that it took no time all! Then we measured off what I had painted and scrounged around our scraps of trim left over from the remodel to find four strips that were long enough. Hubs mitered the corners, I primed and painted them, distressed them, painted some more and we nailed them to the wall! Probably my favorite part of this room!

No comments:

Post a Comment