Sunday, May 30, 2010

When it's "Not Quite Right"

We've all gotten them...the monogrammed gift that just isn't right. Names mispelled, monograms not right, or just something that we just wish was different. It's not like you can "regift" it (oh come on, you know you've done it) so what do you do? Sometimes the stitches can be picked out (a very tedious task that sometimes leaves fabric flaws) but quite often the stitches need to stay. (Like in laminated fabrics or insulated items...because of the high stitch count, certain designs will actually act to perforate the fabric, so if you remove them a chunk of your embroidered item literally just falls apart.)

So what do you do?


A Patch! You have heard me sing the praises of a patch on several occasions and I am singing that same song this time. I stitched the patch onto water soluble stabilizer (2 layers) then washed away the remaining stabilizer, pressed the patch and sewed it directly to the cooler. I think I may do a few more like this just because I love how cute it turned out!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment