Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Superhero Cape!



Again, lots of sewing, no time for pictures of each thing. Now that school has started I feel as if the clock is chasing me during the daylight hours! I used to get alot of things done during naptime, but with four children in school and sports naptime is spent in front of the washer/dryer, dishwasher, sink or stove! I am SO thankful that during our remodel we left the original hookups for the W/D in the basement when we put a laundry upstairs...there are times I have both sets going at the same time!
Ok, onto the fun stuff...I found this awesome tutorial for a superhero cape! Since I am trying to "Think outside the Mall" for this Christmas, I thought my sweet nephew would love to have one of these. It was a super-easy project (pun intended) that I finished in less than a hour. Again, being a safety first kind of momma, I adore the use of hook and loop at the neck! (As the author of the tutorial said, think Edna on The Incredibles..."NO CAPE!") Head over here to see how you can make one for your little superhero!
www.pukingpastilles.com/?cat=5

There are also guidelines for a girl's cape, too! Gotta love it!

By the way, I cheated a bit on the applique...A very talented mom has started digitizing embroidery and applique designs, and she came up with this design that is pretty darn close to the diamond-shaped patch that the real Superman has on his cape. I just merged the "H" from a Chunky Alphabet font that I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment