Thursday, October 29, 2009

Raggy Angel


I haven't done much sewing with minky dot fabric, but I love how soft it is. So, when a friend offered me some minky dot that she had found I thought it would be fun to make her little girl a simple pair of pants with it and then use some of the scraps for a little swing top. (I adore those from Wal Mart!) I don't think I will be doing alot of sewing with that particular fabric anymore. I love how it appliques (but for you other embroidery gals out there, I did find out that you need to treat it like terrycloth and use a piece of water soluble stabilizer on top of it) but that stuff is not fun to sew with! It rolled, frayed, slipped and puckered all over the place! I finally gave up on the sewing machine and did it all with my serger which made the task much easier. Anyone else had that much difficulty or is it just me?


Now, onto the Raggy Angel...I purchased this design from one of my favorite sites, Embroidery Boutique. She has some precious applique designs and her "raggy" series is too cute! The fabric has a piece of flannel sandwiched between it and the shirt, so when you snip around the design and "raggy" it with the edge of a dull pair of scissors it has an entirely different look than a regular applique! I love this little shirt, and like the girl's snowman patch I did it on the bottom off to the side. Matches the pants perfectly! I can't wait to surprise my friend with this little outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment