Sunday, October 11, 2009

Serves Me Right...

If you know me well, you know how much I loved and admire all the things that my grandmother did. She also had a little set of rules that she chose to follow during her life, and she chose to keep Sunday as a day of rest. That said, onto the rest of my story...

The Hubs had asked me last night to make a baby gift for a friend who lives out of town. He and his wife just had their second child, a boy, about 2 weeks ago. (and y'all know how I love a new baby!) After the way the Hogs beat my Tigers like yard dogs yesterday in Arkansas, I was hardly in the mood to be creative last night. Today, however, I had some great ideas and new designs that I wanted to try, so after the boys went down for their naps and the two older ones headed off to practice, I went down into my "cave" to sew for a bit. I wanted to put one of these new button letter applique patches onto a 3-6 month onesie (which, by the way is tee-niny and a real challenge to hoop and get under a machine) but I was determined to get this gift in the mail tomorrow. I finally got the little bitty onesie under the machine, had the perfect thread and fabric picked out (I LOVE the combo of aqua and red, and I just found this little car print fabric a few weeks ago!) Isn't it cute?

So now I digress...

Remember what I told you about my grandmother?

She never sewed on Sunday.

Not a stitch.

She always said that every stitch you put in on a Sunday, when you got to Heaven, God would make you pick it out with your nose.

I thought about that when I pulled that sweet little onesie out from under my machine to admire it in all of it's cuteness. Notice anything?


Yup. Sideways. I flipped the onesie and I forgot to rotate the design after I put it into my machine.
I turned off my machine and closed the door for the evening.

See y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment