Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Apple didn't fall far...

You know what they say..."The apple doesn't fall far from the Tree." I am seeing that in my daughter each day. She loves to draw, paint, cook and sew...and when I saw her with a can of spray paint and she got that same gleam in her eyes, I knew she was My Girl!
She had a project due for science class...she was to make a 3-dimensional animal cell, and it could be out of anything. Her idea? Rice Krispies treats, icing and candy. She drew up the plans, gathered the candy (left over from Halloween...so glad to see that go!) and by getting all of her supplies together and a game plan ready, it took us less than an hour to make this:

Who knew that icing, Nerds, Fruit Roll Ups, Dots, Twizzlers, M&Ms, Laffy Taffy and a Charms Pop could be so scientific!!

We're so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment