Monday, January 18, 2010

Made by you Mondays--Love Note Totes

This week's theme for Made by You Mondays (over at Skip to My Lou) is Valentines Day!

Anyone else just love Ballards Designs like I do? I love the whole French Country look...maybe because it goes with all of my hand-me-down and inherited furniture...we prefer to call it "Parental Provencial". So when I got the new catalog in my mailbox I flipped for these love note totes! But why order one when you can customize it to your colors, decor and even monogram it if you want to! (Plus you can make it as big as you need...in case you're lucky enough to get lots of love notes and maybe even a box of chocolate!)
So I made my own versions:


This one I made for the kids...I used the red striped ticking fabric and then lined it with a soft red cord. I added the embroidery after it was finished and I love the simple little design. They will love finding this hanging on their bedroom or closet door when they come home from school today! I added gussets so it would have a bit more body and be able to stand on its own...it may just find its way to the breakfast table a few times before Feb 14th!
Now, onto the adult version...

I jazzed these up a bit with the cheetah fabric and a monogrammed bold red heart. It is large enough to hold a valentine, box of chocolate and a little velvet box! This one could be hung from the door but is snazzy enough just to lie right on the bed. (Hubba hubba...)

I have another of the red and white...anyone want one for your sweetie? Just leave a comment and we'll randomly pick a winner on Wednesday January 20th!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!!! I, too, am a Ballardaholic. I get so excited to receive a new catalog and start mentally redecorating my house. I actually hung some pages in my formal dining room the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm a huge Ballard fan myself.

    I'm adding these to my idea file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Very cute idea!! I just found your blog and I love this! And I would LOVE one for my sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been visiting your blog since Made by You Monday and have enjoyed seeing all your projects. Love all your embroidery work! I would LOVE LOVE one of your bags!

    Martha in McKinney, Texas

    ReplyDelete