Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tissue Covers


This is a version of the Tissue Cover that you can find over at Skip to My Lou!

You'll need a 6 1/2 inch by 7 inch square of pre-quilted material and a serger. (I needed to make several of these so I cut out a paper template. That way, I could just lay it over my fabric and use my rotary cutter to cut around it...made the process SO much quicker!)


Then just serge all around the 4 sides, taking off about 1/4 inch from each.
Now find the short sides and fold them in to the center, overlapping the edges about 1/4 inch. With alot of pre-quilted fabrics, you'll have 2 different patterned sides...you'll want to fold so that the pattern you want to show on the outside of the cover is folded to the inside at this point. Now just sew along the two long sides, flip right side out, tuck in a pocket sized packet of tissues and there you go!

I made 30 of these in less than an hour! (But I had a little help from a certain second grader who needs these for his class.)

No comments:

Post a Comment